Sunday 18 December 2011

Long overdue!

Well I hadn't forgotten about my blog but I moved QTH in September and have been busy. The new house is much older (built around 1920s) and one advantage is I have a garden that is just over 20 metres long. Another advantage is although I still live in the same village as before the new location is a little higher up so is better for VHF.
The disadvantage is a have lots of work here to do, mainly decorating and in the summer I will have plenty of work to do outside. Will I find time for radio?? Of course!
I have already set up the shack
And just to get on the air I have put up a half size G5RV wire antenna with additional Inductors for 80 metres and a small dual band Watson W30 for VHF/UHF.

For my shortwave listening activities the Wellbrook loop  is currently propped up in the shack window where it works surprisingly well.
Generally this QTH is quieter electrically I think.

Plans for future include a better VHF/UHF antenna (possible a tri bander covering 6 metres also) getting my HF vertical back up and getting the Wellbrook loop outside. I would also like to get back onto 4 metres (70 mhz). Of course all of this will take time and may have to wait for the spring. In the meantime at least I am back on the air.

5 comments:

  1. Morning, well moving and change can always be a good thing but then there is the setup and the decorating. The way I have looked at it in the past is one step at a time. Then before you know it all is done and it's time to rest and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have you back in blogland.. :0)

    Shack looks good....

    Have a great Christmas ......
    73 de Mark MW0MJB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin,

    Nice blog and glad to see you will have time for more posts now! I hate moving, takes me years to get everything back where I like it. ;)

    Will add you to my blog-roll.

    73,

    Casey, TI2/NA7U (cloud-warmer.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kevin,

    Slight elevation change...good. Less electrical noise is a BIG change, and a very good one.

    ReplyDelete