Tuesday 25 January 2011

JT65a

Just downloaded and installed the JT65a software I have been reading so much about. It looks really complex! I have also been reading a handy guide to this mode "The Complete Bozo's Guide to HF JT65A ( a work in progress)"by Andy K3UK. I'm not sure I will get the hang of this mode but will try monitoring first to see how I get on. In the meantime I have also been playing around with the Flidgi software and managed to decode an MFSK16 transmission with it today. I have been using Digipan for years on PSK31, I can see Flidgi is a more versatile piece of software but I think it will take me a while to get used to the user interface.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin, indeed monitoring first is the best you can do. JT65a is completely different from PSK or MFSK. The Bozo's guide is a great help to start.
    Good luck. Hope to hear/see you on the bands.
    73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bas

    I have already decoded a few calls on 20 metres this afternoon.

    73 Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what software you downloaded, Kevin, but if you got the WSJT program by K1JT that I think is described in the "Bozo's Guide", get the program JT65-HF instead. It is designed specifically for that mode and is much easier to use. It also has the nice feature of posting details of stations you received on various reverse beacon websites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kevin, in one of my postings I have a link for downloading JT65-HF, I agree with Julian, it's much easier to work with, then WSJT software. Good luck, 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Julian and Paul!

    I have downloaded the right version now I think and it looks a lot better!

    73 Kevin

    ReplyDelete